ALL IN THE FOOD
75 Years of Cathal Brugha Street
A celebration of contemporary Irish cooking from Cathal Brugha Street, where most of our top chefs learned their craft. With recipes from top chiefs, including Darina Allen, Michel Rouz Snr, Neven Maguire, Ross Lewis and Dylan McGrath, along with contributions by some of Ireland’s rising stars.
Cathal Brugha Street is one of the world’s most famous culinary schools. Founded in 1941 it has taught generations of chefs who have become household names. This celebration of its amazing 75 years includes recipes from top chiefs who trained or taught there, including Darina Allen, Richard Corrigan, Michel Roux Snr, Neven Maguire, Ross Lewis and Dylan McGrath. From starters, mains and desserts to a great cocktail selection, there’s something for home cook and expert alike.
- Major Irish chefs with signature dishes from their restaurants.
- Classical dishes to contemporary cooking, including suggested wines and artisan beers for each course.
- Starters, main courses, desserts, bakery, cocktails, table decorations and setup for home parties.
- Artisan food and key industry food producers.
- The future of food: from molecular gastronomy to sustainability
‘All in the Food’, published by O’Brien Press was edited by Frank Cullen (pictured with Frank Corr of hospitalityenews and Andrew O’Gorman of BAI), and includes contributions from Darina Allen, Richard Corrigan, Michel Roux Jnr., Neven Maguire, Ross Lewis and Dylan McGrath with historical writing from Mairtin Mac an Iomaire.Senator Norris extolled the virtues of Irish foods, the architechure of the college, Dublin culture and the present management and staff of DIT Cathal Brugha Street in a wide-ranging address.
Guests included representatives of the Panel of Chefs, Bartenders Association of Ireland, Guild of Sommeliers, Irish Hospitality Institute and other industry associations.