AGM 2011 Tasting-Andrew O’ Gorman
This tasting was conducted by Liam Campbell and proved to be very interesting, informative and educational. He commenced by stating that he was from Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo and related a very interesting story about Lord Ardilaun. As he progressed through the tasting it was punctuated with historical references. Liam is a council member of The Irish Guild of Sommeliers and holder of the WSET Diploma.
The following wines were tasted
1.Riesling 2008, Prinz Von Hessen, Rheingau, Germany. QmP Kabinett, trocken 11.5% abv
2. Grúner Veltliner 2009, Peter Schweiger, Kamptal, Austria. Qualitatswein, trocken 12% abv
3. Nipozzano Riserva 2006, Marchese Frescobaldi, Toscana, Italy. DOCG Chianti Rufina 13.55 abv
4. Marques de Borba 2009, DOC Alentejo, Portugal 145 abv
5. Vins Doux Naturels: Rasteau 2004 by Cave de Rasteau, 16% abv
6. Sherry Oloroso Style: “East India Solera” by Lustau, 20% abv
7. Madeira: Boal 10 Year Old by HM Borges, 19% abv
8. Port: Late Bottled Vintage (LBV) 2005 by Grahams, 205 abv
Wines were by Classic Drinks and Fortified Wines by Mitchell & Son. www.classicdrinks.ie & www.mitchellandson.com
A fitting end to a successful and well attended AGM. (4/4/2011 AOG).