Full report under NEWS/COMPETITIONS
A.S.I. Contest of the Best Sommelier of Europe & Africa 2017
12 Semifinalists in Vienna
The first stage of the 2017 A.S.I. (Association de la Sommellerie Internationale) Contest of the Best Sommelier of Europe taking place in Vienna, Austria, came to and end on Tuesday May 9th in the evening with the announcement of the twelve candidates selected after the quarter final through several written and practical tests.
37 sommeliers from 34 European countries and 3 from the Africa area had come to Austria with one objective : to win the title as Arvid Rosengren did in Sanremo, Italy, in 2013.
The 12 candidates selected for the semifinal are :
- Christian Jacobsen (Danemark/Denmark),
- David Biraud (France),
- Terry Kandylis (Grèce/Greece),
- Julie Dupouy (Irlande/Ireland),
- Raimonds Tomson (Lettonie/Latvia),
- Piotr Pietras (Pologne/Poland),
- Julia Scavo (Roumanie/Romania),
- Aleksandr Rassadkin (Russie/Russia),
- Jakub Pribyl (République Tchèque/Czech Republic),
- Eric Zwiebel (Royaume-Uni/United Kingdom),
- Robert Andersson (Suède/Sweden),
- Fabio Masi (Suisse/Switzerland).
David Biraud (France), Raimonds Tomsons (Latvia), Piotr Pietras (Poland) and Julia Scavo (Romania)
Raimonds Tomsons (Latvia)